My Everyday Favorite, Go-To Products


It's been a really long time since I shared my "go-to" products with everyone. These are the things that I reach for in between product testings or when I'm having problems with new products. These are the ones I trust to set things back to "right" for me. You'll notice that some typical categories (such as body wash) are missing. That means I don't have 1 product I run back to over and over again.

In the Shower
ABBA Pure Moisture Shampoo and Conditioner: I recently repurchased these at an ULTA Liter Sale. I wanted something that smelled fresh, was hydrating and safe for my color treated hair. Mission accomplished.
Gillette Venus Embrace: Overall this razor definitely gives me the smoothest shave. Plus, I can restock at Sam's Club.
Skintimate Shave Gel
Cetaphil Cream: I try other lotions and creams, but the truth is that this cream (applied immediately after patting dry, before I even leave the shower) is the best one for keeping my skin hydrated and the ezcema under control.



Kiehls Ultra Facial Moisturizer, SPF 15: No surprise here since I talk about this product all the time! I'm in serious love.
Milk of Magnesia: Combats the shininess
Cover Girl LashBlast Fusion
Shu Uemura Pro Concealer: The most pigmented concealer I've found that can also blend well. I'm afraid it might be on its way out though, I only see 4 shades available on their website.
Almay Pressed Powder: I don't do well with loose powders (they end up all over the bathroom rather than on my face), and I've had some great luck with this one. It matches my complexion well and doesn't look all powdery on me.



Moroccan Oil: I use a small amount of this every day on the tips on my hair before I dry it. I swear it keeps away the split ends and frizzies.
Redken Guts 10 Spray: I little of this in my roots and any concerns about volume are gone all day. It also has a bit of hold, so if I decide to curl my hair, things will actually hold all day.
Maximum Lash: Ok, so I have not lived up to my promise of weekly updates (I couldn't stomach showing off my eyes with no makeup every week!), but I have been using this nightly and my lashes are most definitely much longer. I promise to take pictures and update soon, but this stuff really did work, and it's half the price of most other lash conditioners. Love!
Elizabeth Arden's Intervene Line: This is my go-to nightly anti-aging routine. It varies a bit depending on the time of year. I use eye cream and night cream in the winter when my skin can use (and better tolerate) the extra moisture. This summer I'm using just the serum all over, including in my eye area.



Most of this stuff I've received samples of in the past, but I've bought all of it over again at least once (or twenty!) times.

4 comments

  1. thank you so much for sharing your beauties. i love CG mascara and moroccain oil. i've never tried this cetaphile cream. :-)

    sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love posts like this. It's fun to see what people use everyday!

    I have LashBlast Volume, and I really like it. Have you been able to compare it to the LashBlast Fusion? I'm on Project 10 Pan right now, so no buying, but once the mascara is gone, I'm not sure what to replace it with.

    Rebecca

    http://colorfulobsessionblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rebecca,
    I don't usually do direct head to head comparisons of mascaras, but I've reviewed both and really liked them.

    Here's my LashBlast Fusion Review and Original Lash Blast reviews.

    I had great results with both mascaras, but liked the extra bit of lengthening I got with the Fusion. However, now that I've been using Maximum Lash my lashes are about 3 mm longer (which doesn't sound like much, but on the eye is a LOT longer). So, I don't really need the lengthening as much.

    The last few days I've been using the new MAC Haute and Naughty Mascara and that's been really cool. It's one wand, but you can open it 2 different ways. The first removes a bit more mascara so is a slightly more natural look, the second way results in more dramatic lashes. Great volume and length, not a smudge in sight... I need to take pics and post a review.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad I found your website, you have some wonderful recommendations!

    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please ask away, provide info on how you liked something, etc. Note that spam, comments with random links (which I count as spam), anything not in english (again, spam) and comments that are completely unrelated to anything will all be deleted.

Never miss a post
Name: 
Your email address:*
Please enter all required fields
Correct invalid entries
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...