Chanel Morning Rose Nail Polish

Chanel Morning Rose Nail Polish, swatch, summer 2011
A pretty mid-tone rose, this color is almost a bubble gum pink. There is fine gold shimmer that is so subtle that only you will know it is there.

This color does have some streaking issues, so use a very light touch with application and I recommend letting each coat dry for a few minutes before adding more polish. I needed 3 coats to reach opaque.

Read on to see a few pinks in the same color range.


I went through my polish collection and pulled out the pinks that looked to be the closest to Morning Rose. I don't have many, as this mid-tone pink isn't usually my favorite. Both Essie's are creams, the Zoya has a slight frost and the Chanel is likely the closest. I'm not sure what year Deauville was released, but it is an old discontinued color with gold shimmer (a little less than Morning Rose) and only slightly off from Morning Rose's base shade. The last I saw it on eBay, it was going for $90-$100, so if you've been lemming Deauville definitely grab Morning Rose.

Chanel

3 comments

  1. Thanks so much for the comparison's, they are so helpful! I agree mid-tone pink isn't my favorite either but this one is pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great color! Chanel always has the best nail polish colors, but do really have a streaking issue. From experience, the best thing to do is do a super thin coat first, like thinner than you would ever do for normal polish and then do it like normal. Hope that helps... :)
    ~Shannon
    http://lipstickmakesthegirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please ask away, provide info on how you liked something, etc. Note that spam, comments with random links (which I count as spam), anything not in english (again, spam) and comments that are completely unrelated to anything will all be deleted.

Never miss a post
Name: 
Your email address:*
Please enter all required fields
Correct invalid entries
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...