OPI Houston We Have a Purple

OPI Houston We Have a Purple, nail polish, swatch
I'm not usually a big fan of the Jelly finish, so I had avoided the OPI Texas collection. However, on a recent trip to ULTA (with my new friend, Amanda, who is a reader! Hi Amanda!) I finally saw the polishes in person. I'm a big, giant sucker for the pink/purple tones in this range, so I had to pick it up.

While OPI called this a Sorbet finish, really it is a jelly finish. If calling it Jelly is a bit confusing, run over to check out my friend Michelle's explanation over at All Lacquered Up, since she recently tried out Big Hair, Big Nails from the same collection.

My big complaint with any jelly polish is the number of coats needed to avoid an uneven finish and visible nail line. I'm wearing 3 coats here, and I had enough coverage to make me happy. I took this picture on day #5 of my manicure and you can see that I had very minimal tip wear and no chips! I had been working in the ICU for 3 days as well during that period, so there are absolutely no wear issues with the sorbet finish.

OPI

3 comments

  1. Am I the only one who doesn't think this color looks purple at all? I don't see it. To me this is pink. But who cares, it's pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I know. In certain lights it might have a little bit of purple in it, but really it's a dark pink/berry color. I found the name to be a bit odd.

    ReplyDelete
  3. omgosh, a shout out!!! :-) Love it. Hi back! (I'm so behind on my computer time and blog reading but I'm catching up during this rainy morning which coincides with my day off).

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please ask away, provide info on how you liked something, etc. Note that spam, comments with random links (which I count as spam), anything not in english (again, spam) and comments that are completely unrelated to anything will all be deleted.

Never miss a post
Name: 
Your email address:*
Please enter all required fields
Correct invalid entries
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...