Plumping Up the Volume: Alterna and Oscar Blandi Take A New Approach To Volumizers

Alterna and Oscar Blandi Take A New Approach To Volumizers
My hair has suddenly really entered the post-partum shedding phase. Part of me is sighing in relief (it was a bit too much, my hair was so thick it was hard to style), but part of me is afraid. What if it... just keeps falling out? What if my hair, which has always been very thick, becomes thin and lanky?

So, while I'm worried about losing too much volume, I've started looking for new and different ways to replace the volume that I'm losing. Alterna and Oscar Blandi have just released products that are perfect for this, and they work in somewhat similar ways, though I definitely prefer one over the other.

Alterna's Plumping Strand Expand does exactly what it sounds like, plumping up each strand to add volume. Oscar Blandi Hair Lift attracts moisture to the hair with hyaluronic acid increasing the size of each hair strand. I don't really know too much beyond that little bit of info. I am a little curious how the plumping affects the cuticle of the hair. Does it lie flat or are the scales all lifted up? If so, the hair is usually dull appearing and more prone to breakage. Both products do seem to keep my hair looking shiny and healthy, so my feeling is that the cuticle is likely lying flat.

Alterna's product does increase the volume some. I felt that it didn't weigh down my hair, but I did feel like there was "something" on my hair, as if I had used too much gel. The added volume lasts most of the day, my hair falls and looks a bit more lanky than usual by the end of the day. I've also found that my next day hair is too difficult to deal with. Usually I can style without an issue, but even dry shampoo can't salvage my second day hair with the Alterna.

The Oscar Blandi on the other hand is ahhhhmazing. Love it. I get great volume that lasts all day long and even into the next day. My hair doesn't feel like it has product on it at all, and I've found that my hair can be styled very easily. My hair looks shinier and healthier on days that I use it.

So, plumping up the actual size of each hair strand isn't what most of us have done in the past to add volume, but it definitely seems to work. I've been loving the Oscar Blandi product as it lasts longer and I can't detect it in my hair. This is something I'll be repurchasing in the future.

Oscar Blandi
Alterna Hair Care

4 comments

  1. THanks for the recommendations! I need a new volumizing product!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog!!

    I'll follow you if you follow me and comment saying you did :)

    thenotebookofstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great recommendations! I can't wait to start some of these products!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I really need this one, my hair was damaged so I am looking for a great product like this.. Thanks so much for the recommendations..

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please ask away, provide info on how you liked something, etc. Note that spam, comments with random links (which I count as spam), anything not in english (again, spam) and comments that are completely unrelated to anything will all be deleted.

Never miss a post
Name: 
Your email address:*
Please enter all required fields
Correct invalid entries
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...