Shaking in my Boots! Appearing on Actual TV...

 
A few days ago, I shared with you that I would be appearing on Fox 17 in Grand Rapids, and holy cow was I nervous! You can watch the video of my appearance above, which now that I've finally watched it a few days later was better than I had thought. You can see my hand as I reach for a PocketBac towards the end... I was shaking I was so nervous! I also look super tired. I guess that is what happens when you do this after being up a few times with your baby in the middle of the night. Oh yeah, and being on call. I chatted with people in the ICU a few times that night as well.

I have to admit, I arrived at Fox 17 thinking I looked kind of cute. My make up was done, my hair had been blown out, though on TV it looked a little flat, in person it was super cute. And then what happened? Miss Michigan, Elizabeth Wertenberger walked in to the room. Looking amazing. In all of her 23 year old pagent winner amazingness. She had on 5 inch heels (mine were almost 4, not too different), had a perfect tan and I swear she even had on false eye lashes. She looked amazing.

I really wanted to hate Elizabeth. But then I chatted with her a little in the bathroom. Yes, the bathroom. Turns out she grew up a few towns away from where I live now (I drive by it on the way to work all the time), she immediately asked questions about keeping her nails from splitting, so I told her about Biotin. She had on Sally Hansen Nail Effects in Cut it Out, and she was afraid to show me her hands because they were slightly chipped and grown out. That's when I knew she was a normal girl and not some Stepford pagent girl! She is just a very sweet and normal person. I think for the first time in years I'll be watching Miss America this January, just to cheer Elizabeth on.



Some of the products featured were samples, some were purchased by me.

10 comments

  1. Studio lights are super bright because the cameras are not nearly as sensitive as human eyes. Unfortunately, that makes regular makeup application practically disappear. Also, the cameras do not have the spatial abilities of the human eye. Everything tends to look a little flatter, including hair!

    I thought you looked great! However, I just wanted to maybe help explain why your look didn't translate the way you thought it might on camera. I really thought you looked great and did a great job!!! Thanks for sharing the video! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Christine!!! Your hair does looks super cute! I am thinking I might have to try those body sprays. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are gorgeous! You looked great and I did not notice at all that you were nervous.

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was awesome...even if they did spell your name wrong! WTH! You looked really pretty too. Great job!
    PS-what happened with the old comments boxes?
    Mom's Life Made Easy

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a very nice job on the TV show. I did not notice that you were nervous. I thought you were very professional. Congratulations on a job well done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look adorable! Great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the nice comments everyone! :D I was definitely nervous, I guess maybe I can hide it after all of my time working in the ICU. A big part of running a code (meaning, I'm the person that stands at the head of the bed and tells people when to do chest compression, give different meds, etc) is having it go smoothly, and that's not showing the staff that inside you are freaking out and nervous that you're going to lose the patient. If you're calm they're more calm and able to do their jobs more effectively and things go well. So, maybe I hid it better than I thought that I would!

    Anon Poster #1- I kind of did put on a lot of color (in person, definitely a bit too much blush), but I guess I didn't realize how much I really had to put on. I think that's likely something to learn over time. The hair thing though... Definitely didn't realize that! My stylist wanted it to be sleek so little fly aways wouldn't show up on people's HDTVs, but I think next time I'm definitely going for more volume and a half up/half down style so I won't play with my hair so much. Flipping my hair is definitely a nervous habit for me.

    Ellery- Serious, I know... I hate being called Christina! And they didn't mention my website either. :( Without the correct name people can't even google and find me. Oh well. I got rid of the experimental commenting system, I couldn't remember where to go back to find the people that commented so I could reply to them. Arg!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so cute. You did a great job I just wish I could watch the end of the video b/c it won't fully load on my computer.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did a great job! Congrats!! I didn't think you looked nervous at all. Your hair, skin and the whole bit was something to be proud of. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  10. great job Christine! very fun little segment. :-) woo-hoo!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please ask away, provide info on how you liked something, etc. Note that spam, comments with random links (which I count as spam), anything not in english (again, spam) and comments that are completely unrelated to anything will all be deleted.

Never miss a post
Name: 
Your email address:*
Please enter all required fields
Correct invalid entries
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...