Washing Your Hair Without Washing It: Caressing Cleansing Balm by Kerastase

Caressing Cleansing Balm by Kerastase
Since my pregnancy last year, I've been having a bit of a hair issue. Greys are popping up. I had hoped that genetics would keep them at bay (my grandma only had a few at her temple when she died at 80, my mom just now has a few greys), but it appears that luck is not on my side. I have only a few, but it is more than I want. So, I'm doing some coloring in addition to my usual highlights. And, I'm being more protective of my color. I don't want it to fade and let the greys pop back out!

So, part of how I baby my hair is avoiding shampoo. Seriously. Washing less, and using color safe shampoo when I do, definitely helps my color last longer. Kerastase has decided to help me avoid shampoo even more with their Caressing Cleansing Balm. This product is a great alternative to the typical shampoo and conditioner duo.

Cleansing Balm comes in a pump and is thick like conditioner, with a light floral scent. It definitely feels different during use though. It has a very light foaming action and feels like you're shampooing lotion onto your head, if that makes any sense. It rinses out easily and while my hair isn't super hydrated like on "normal" days, it does feel like it has had a light conditioner on it.

On days that I've used the Cleansing Balm my hair is pretty easy to style and definitely feels fresher than if I'd skipped getting my hair wet altogether. I'm not sure it would be worth the price for everyone that colors their hair, but for those of us that need to baby our color (I'm looking at you Redheads!), this is a great option to help keep the fresh from the salon look!

Caressing Cleansing Balm by Kerastase

6 comments

  1. First of all, congratulations on being pregers!!! This sounds like an amazing product for those days that my daughter is screaming at me to get out of the shower so we can go out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, it does sound like I'm pregnant, doesn't it? I should have phrased that differently. Since my pregnancy last year. I'm also in the child screaming at you camp- my daughter is 6 months old now and while I try to squeeze in my shower while she's in a nap I swear she knows that I'm in there and I'm lucky if I can wash my hair let alone shave my legs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kerastase products are so great. I'll have to try this one out especially since I've been dying to go back to red hair.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a must try for me as I need to color my hair every 2 months to hide my little white hairs. Love the gentleness of the Kerastase products.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a genius idea. Luckily, I have very dry hair so I don't have to wash very often, getting my hair wet with a little conditioner on the ends is enough for me. Thank god because I'm a bottle redhead (most of the time!)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please ask away, provide info on how you liked something, etc. Note that spam, comments with random links (which I count as spam), anything not in english (again, spam) and comments that are completely unrelated to anything will all be deleted.

Never miss a post
Name: 
Your email address:*
Please enter all required fields
Correct invalid entries
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...