Is Going Pro Worth It? I Check Out the HANAair Professional Hair Dryer

HANAair Professional Hair Dryer, Blow Dryer, Review
Recently I was asked by Misikko to check out one of their products. I've dealt with them in the past with a few of their professional flat irons and had great customer service, so I was more than happy to agree. Misikko offered to send me a blow dryer. The fact that it was a blow dryer made me pause. I've never been an expensive dryer girl. The last time I spent more than $40 on a blow dryer was in college. It didn't seem to make a difference in how quickly I could dry my hair, the results were the same and the first time I dropped it, it was toast. I went back to my big box store dryers and haven't looked back.

Fast forward more than 10 years, and surely things have improved since then? The advent of ceramic and tourmaline not to mention the ions flying all over the place... I really think blow dryers have made some great leaps forward. Now I just need one that can hold up to my general klutziness. If I get better, faster results I'll be even happier.

So, Misikko has a list of their best blow dryers. I'd start there if you're looking for a new one. They sent me the HANAair Professional, which is one of their most popular models. It features the ceramic, tourmaline stuff and the ions that fly around. It has separate toggle switches for the power (with high and low speed options) as well as high and low options for the heat. There's a cool button for locking in your style at the end and it comes with a concentrator, though I don't know of a diffuser that fits on it.

The cord is 12 feet long, which I love. During the winter I blow dry my dog after his baths, so I'm sure the cord will help with my husky wrangling. This has been a big issue in the past, he knows he only needs to move a few extra feet and then be stubborn about returning to the drying area if he's sick of the whole blow dryer situation. I'll be able to follow him all over the bathroom now!

The best thing about this dryer is definitely the heavy duty design. While it isn't heavy, it is heavy duty. The cord is thick and well protected. The toggles are more substantial. It has already been dropped a few times without an issue. From this standpoint, going for a professional blow dryer is definitely worth it if you are a klutz like I am. The sturdy factor will make this blow dryer last for years.

So, how does it work for me? I have a ton of hair, even after my post-partum shedding is done. In the past I've even gone so far as timing how long drying my hair takes for a dryer review. The HANAair wasn't any faster than my Conair, though I suspect this is partly because they both feature the same ceramic and ions and such. The HANAair's wattage is a bit higher, though the heat is a bit lower. I think it balances out in the end, anywhere from 12-15 minutes to fully dry my hair. The HANAair is a bit quieter than the Conair and the end result is a bit better. My hair is shinier and softer with less frizz on days that I use the HANAair.

While I love my Conair, going for a pro hair dryer does seem like it can be worth it. I love the durability of this model and the end result of my hair each day.

HANAair Profession Blow Dryer

5 comments

  1. Having short hair, I rarely need a blow dryer and yet believe in having at least one good one! This sounds stellar! Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is there a way you could estimate how much quieter the fancy hair dryer is? That makes a big difference to me in terms of saving my hearing. The exposure to loud noises adds up. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have anything that measures sound, but I'd say it is maybe about 20% quieter than my Conair? That's just what it seems like to me. I use both on the highest speed setting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a husky? How cute. My cat won't tolerate a bath, much less a blowdry.

    My one and only (EVER!) blowdryer is the one I got in cosmetology school so it's a pro. I have TONS of hair too so I never sit still long enough to blowdry and if they force it on me at the salon I end up looking straight from 1988, not a good look especially considering I was 3 in 1988.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Going pro is definitley worth it! I was damaging my hair pretty badly until I finally widened my budget to get the Karmin G3 salon pro hair dryer. It's AWESOME to say the least, especially on my thick, curly mane. It has multiple settings, dual voltage, cool shot, ceramic and ionic technology...everything. I highly recommend it :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please ask away, provide info on how you liked something, etc. Note that spam, comments with random links (which I count as spam), anything not in english (again, spam) and comments that are completely unrelated to anything will all be deleted.

Never miss a post
Name: 
Your email address:*
Please enter all required fields
Correct invalid entries
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...