Murad's Intensive Resurfacing Peel

Murad Intensive Resurfacing Peel review
I love being able to use an at-home peel once a week to reveal soft skin that has a more consistent tone. The side benefits of anti-aging and reduced blemishes are definitely something I'm interested in as well. So, when Murad sent me their Intensive Resurfacing Peel to try out, I was pretty excited.

I'm not sure that I'd call this peel "Intensive". Really, it is more "moderate", which is probably good since I do know a lot of people tend to really overdo the at home peel. So, ignore the name, it is not going to turn you into scary Samantha after a peel from her derm. (I swear I think about this episode every time I break out a peeling product.) I think this episode is a great warning about over doing the peel. Those people that suggest buying pro-level products on-line and using them at home? Probably best to ignore them. Having some intense pain or burning during your treatment? Time to inactivate or rinse it off. Listen to your skin!

This peel is a light tan color, with a little bit of a pearly sheen. It has the consistency of a light lotion and you'll find little white beads within the product as well. The little beads will break apart a bit when compressed, they're small, think of those white flecks that fall off of styrofoam. The peel does have a light chemical scent, but it isn't noticeable to me.

When I applied the peel it did sting slightly, but that disappeared after about 20-30 seconds and didn't hurt. The peel dries to a light film on your skin after about 3-4 minutes. It feels tight but not overly so. It rinsed off easily with minimal scrubbing. I think those little beads I mentioned are meant to help with some physical exfoliation during the rinsing off process, but really there just aren't enough of them to make a difference here. I followed it up with a regular face wash. It felt like the mask was completely off my face, but who wants to leave a little bit on their face and look like Samantha as a result? Definitely not me.

When it was done my skin definitely felt smooth and I have improved tone with smaller appearing pores. It wasn't the strongest peel I've done at home, but it definitely had done something to my skin with just one use.

This peel is pricey, though much cheaper than a professional peel. The box comes with 4 individual sized bottles, which at 5 ml each are big enough to treat your face and neck easily. Though, $40 for the box is more than many other at-home products. I did really like this product, I'm not certain I like the price. Murad does go on sale sometimes, I'd say it is worth checking out if on-sale.






Murad's Intensive Resurfacing Peel

4 comments

  1. I find that Philosphy's micro delivery peel is the best out there. It does wonders for my skin. Odd thing is, I always think my skin is looking nice, then I do the peel and bam! I'm glowing! If you haven't tried it, def. check it out!


    http://hboo-hboo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I am looking for a peel to do at home too, but I need something stronger. Which one do you suggest? Anyone that I can buy at a local chain store?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ellery- I really like the Alpha Hydrox line that you can find at many drug stores, though I don't know off hand if they have an actual "peel". I might have one to stick in the next box I send you. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always think of Samantha too. I have pretty easily irritated skin so I love that this product works well for that. Dr. Murad is a genius in my humble opinion.

    Jaime @ drugochoicebeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please ask away, provide info on how you liked something, etc. Note that spam, comments with random links (which I count as spam), anything not in english (again, spam) and comments that are completely unrelated to anything will all be deleted.

Never miss a post
Name: 
Your email address:*
Please enter all required fields
Correct invalid entries
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...