Maybelline Lots of Lashes: Yet Another Re-Do?

Pretty recently, I shared with you a little review of Maybelline Great Lash Big Edition. It was a dramatic improvement over the original, much touted version. Maybelline released not 1, but 2 new versions of Great Lash this fall. This second version is actually quite a bit different than the Big Edition. The main difference is obviously the brush: nylon bristles versus molded plastic. But, I believe (at least based on what I've read, I don't have confirmation from Maybelline) that the actual mascara formula is basically the same for all 3 versions.

The Lots of Lashes advantage is that the bristles do a great job of keeping the lashes separated and not clumpy. I do have a bit of a hard time getting great volume and length, simply because the bristles seem to put very thin layers of mascara on to lashes. I really have to push quite a bit to get the mascara on to my lashes. Once I've gotten it there, I have good volume and length. It lasts all day (though there is a bit of volume loss), without any flaking or smudging issues.

I've had great success with this mascara as a second layer of mascara. Apply a volumizing mascara, which might have clumping issues, and rather than using my mascara brush to pull things apart I pull out this mascara. The brush does a great job of separating things back out. I usually curl, apply my 1st mascara and before it has a chance to dry. Then I move on to my other eye.

What do you think? Are there any mascaras that you save for layering?

Maybelline Lots of Lashes

4 comments

  1. Wow your lashes look amazing. I really like Maxfactor's False Lash Effect mascara for super long and volumised lashes. I haven't found a mascara better but I'm always on the look out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hated the original formula, but I'm glad to see they're trying to improve it. I would try this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, I am so jealous! Your eyelashes are GORGEOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My real secret is revitalash! It's amazing. Here's my review: http://www.15minutebeauty.com/2011/09/revitalash-eyelash-conditioner-that.html
    I just repurchased it for the 3rd time. It's about $150 for a 6 month tube, but I buy it from SkinStore.com and get the 20% off that they have a lot, so $120 with free shipping then. :D

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please ask away, provide info on how you liked something, etc. Note that spam, comments with random links (which I count as spam), anything not in english (again, spam) and comments that are completely unrelated to anything will all be deleted.

Never miss a post
Name: 
Your email address:*
Please enter all required fields
Correct invalid entries
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...