Quick Sunscreen Update


See this cool new chart? It will show you more visually which parts of the UV spectrum each sunscreen covers! I spent a lot of time figuring this out, but really, those are all of the FDA approved sunscreen active ingredients, I'll be customizing this graphic for each sunscreen review!

I'll be going back to the sunscreens I've already reviewed to add in this chart, as well each review for now on will have it as well! You'll be able to see much more easily how helpful it is in an actual review. What do you think?

Update A couple of makeup boards have linked to this post which is great, but I want to point out that the active ingredients are just randomly scattered to show all of the names right now! Take a peek at this review and you'll see the chart in action. The active ingredients are properly lined up to show the part of the UV spectrum that each ingredient works against.

I should also say that all of this info is from the FDA, and I have only made 1 change. The FDA considers Ecamsule (Mexoryl) to only be a UVAII screen, however all of the data I found stated that it does in fact screen out UVAI as well, but not super well. Hence, I have altered my own chart to reflect this.

Hope that helps!

3 comments

  1. This is really helpful, as have been your past few sunscreen reviews! I LOVE your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow... this is an amazing amazing piece of work! Your blog has very quickly become my favourite beauty read. You're doing such an amazing job of being informative, well written, and fun. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your blog!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please ask away, provide info on how you liked something, etc. Note that spam, comments with random links (which I count as spam), anything not in english (again, spam) and comments that are completely unrelated to anything will all be deleted.

Never miss a post
Name: 
Your email address:*
Please enter all required fields
Correct invalid entries
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...