The Ultimate Fashion Forward Updo at Christian Siriano SS 2011, by Aveda!


It's definitely not surprising to me that Christian Siriano is the most successful designer to come out of the stress cooker that is Project Runway. I hate to make the obvious statement, but his designs are fierce, and I admit to really wishing I had places to wear his designs. And the money to afford them. But I digress.

Really, I wanted to share the amazing hair in by Aveda's lead stylist Antoinette Beenders in Christian's Spring 2011 show. True, this is not an updo that would work for every occasion. But, you have to admit that it looks amazing with Cristian's designs, and now I want to invent occasions to have this hair style.


I wanted to show the steps of creating this hair, especially since Aveda made so many helpful pictures available! I think if you look at the above pics (click to enlarge) while you read the directions, the whole process will be easier.

• Brush hair with a Mason Pearson brush. Pull the top section of hair — from the hairline to the crown (you can really see how much to pull back in the images above) — and clip it out of the way.
• Comb the remaining hair back into a tight, high ponytail and secure with a bungee elastic. Spray with Aveda Control Force Firm Hold Hair Spray for hold.
• Spray Aveda Brilliant Shine-On Spray directly onto the bristles of a kabuki-style Aveda Uruku Bronzing Brush. “Paint” the sides of hair with the Uruku Bronzing Brush for shine.
• Take the ponytail and braid it. Then twist the braid into a bun, securing to the head with bobby pins. Spray with Aveda Control Force Firm Hold Hair Spray for ultra-strong hold.
• Remove the clip from the remaining top section of hair and comb to the crown. Working with small portions of hair (approximately one inch) at a time, use a micro-crimping iron to add texture from the crown to ends.
• Brush the hair with a Mason Pearson brush to loosen the crimp. Gently pull the hair over the bun and secure at the base with hair pins. Spray with Aveda Control Force Firm Hold Hair Spray.
• Pull a few pieces of hair out of the bun with fingers for extra texture. Set the look with Aveda Control Force™ Firm Hold Hair Spray.

Aveda

All images courtesy of Aveda

3 comments

  1. My hair styling skills are so primitive that I need to go to my stylist to get a decent looking pony tail done for my new web site photo. I'm always amazed at people who know how to get the look they want from their hair. And I use product.... What's with that? I'm best off just sticking with dermatology and science and leaving my hair in capable hands.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm cracking up Cynthia! I think not all of us are hair gurus, and I have to admit that recent changes in my hair texture and amount of curl have made my skills have issues.

    I think I might blame some of this on years of medical training as well. Friends from high school and college were going out and having fun at night. I was on call, throwing my hair up in a fast ponytail so I could stuff it in a blue surgical hat at 1 am...

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please ask away, provide info on how you liked something, etc. Note that spam, comments with random links (which I count as spam), anything not in english (again, spam) and comments that are completely unrelated to anything will all be deleted.

Never miss a post
Name: 
Your email address:*
Please enter all required fields
Correct invalid entries
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...