How to Look Polished in Under 15 Minutes

Mommy, New Mom, Beauty, Tricks, Hints, Time Savers
The next installment in my New Mommy Beauty Series isn't only for the mommies! Everyone can benefit from this quick look, whether for a morning that you're running a tad behind or to quickly polish up on the weekend.

This look was created by Phyrra, who writes one of my favorite beauty blogs! Her site is a treasure trove of in depth reviews, product swatches and I'm in awe of her skill in creating complicated and amazing eye looks. I'm so honored that she offered to write a post for 15 Minute Beauty Fanatic!




This is the best way I've found for me to look polished quickly. Rather than try to shade the eye, I go for a wash of color that matches my skintone, I make sure my brows are groomed, and I add a touch of lipstick and coordinating blush. Combine this with a product that gives your skin a 'lit from within' glow and you'll look lovely in a flash.

Items You'll Need:
An eye shadow shade close to your skin tone for a flattering wash of color
An eyeliner
A brow pencil
A face primer
A luminizer powder
A blush
A lipstick
An eye shadow primer
A mascara

First, you'll want to apply your eye shadow primer. I use Too Faced Shadow Insurance as it works best for my oily lids.

Next, you'll want to apply your eye shadow. I suggest a shade close to your skin tone that will simply brighten up the eye area and will work as a wash of color all over the eye. I used Stila Kitten. Other colors I would recommend would be Fyrinnae Nijiro or Urban Decay Sellout.

Next, you'll want to apply your eyeliner to the upper lash line. I prefer gel eyeliner so I used Wet n' Wild's Black Creme liner with a bent eyeliner brush. If you also like, you can line the lower water line.

Next, apply your face primer. I used L'Oreal's Studio Secrets Face Primer. You want to get the thinnest layer possible.

Next, apply a luminizer powder. Or if you don't like a glow apply a mattifying powder or powder foundation. I used Hard Candy Moon glow Luminizing Powder. It works best to do this with a duo fiber brush.

Next, you'll want to apply a flattering blush. I used Too Faced's Lust to Love blush/contour duo.

Next, you'll want to groom your eyebrows and then use an eyebrow pencil to define them. I recommend using a pencil because I find it faster than using brow powder and an eye shadow brush. I used Avon Glimmersticks brow pencil in Soft Black.

Next, you'll want to apply your mascara. I've found that I get good results with making my first coat on the bottom half of the lashes, as close to the lash line as I can manage. Then when I do my next coat I go all the way to the tip. I used Flirt! It Curls Mascara in Bombshell Black.

Finally, you'll want to apply a coordinating lipstick. For this look I used Avon 24k Gold Lipstick in Golden Rose. Other colors I recommend would be MAC Hot Tahiti or Urban Decay Naked.




(click images to enlarge)

Eyes:
Too Faced Shadow Insurance
Stila Kitten - eye
Wet n' Wild Black Creme Liner - upper lash line
Urban Decay 24/7 liner in Zero - lower water line
Avon Glimmersticks Brow Pencil in Soft Black
Hard Candy 1000 Lashes Primer
Flirt! It Curls Mascara in Bombshell Black

Cheeks:
Too Faced Lust to Love Blush Duo

Face:
L'Oreal Studio Secrets Perfecting Base
Hard Candy Welcome Matte Mattifying Powder - on t-zone
Hard Candy Moon Glow Luminizing Powder

Lips:
Avon 24k Lipstick in Golden Rose

Phyrra

3 comments

  1. Great tutorial, I love that you included all the essentials...most of which I have in my makeup collection all ready!
    http://prettyinpink-jillith88.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. ur eye makeup is amazing!

    XOXO,

    http://outfitidentifier.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice look!!! Stila kitten is one of my faves! I think I might have to get a bent liner brush soon. Is there one that you recommend? I hear Sonia Kashuk has a good one? :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please ask away, provide info on how you liked something, etc. Note that spam, comments with random links (which I count as spam), anything not in english (again, spam) and comments that are completely unrelated to anything will all be deleted.

Never miss a post
Name: 
Your email address:*
Please enter all required fields
Correct invalid entries
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...