MAC The Bloggers' Obsessions Collection: Oh Yes, They Did!

Mac Blogger's collection, the bloggers' obsessions
Back in January, I received a top secret email from MAC. There was even a non-disclosure agreement associated with it. What on earth could have been so amazing that it needed a NDA? MAC was going to have a blogger's collection! They wanted to have bloggers submit ideas for a lipglass or eye shadow. What had we been obsessively searching for but couldn't find?

I had an idea of what I have been searching for, and it wasn't really ideal for lip glass MAC wanted, but I submitted it anyways. Literally, the submission deadline was January 27th, and I wasn't done typing mine up, but I was in labor and wanted to send it in anyways. So, for the 2 hours that my epidural actually worked, I typed it up and sent it in. Then went back to being in pain and had a baby girl a few hours later. I hoped that they didn't pick me because I didn't want to leave my baby to head to Canada and help formulate it. (I feel like I still won, what I wanted came out recently, it is Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment in Honey.)

Read on to take a peek at the eye shadows that came out with this collection.


Sparkle, Neely, Sparkle!: A deep rusty brown with champagne-colored sparkle
Beauty Blogging Junkie, Amber Katz
• I thought the brown was on the warm side and could work well for a smokey look or in a crease. The sparkle was much more noticeable in the pot than on my skin, but definitely more than showed up in any of my pics. A great staple shadow if you're warm toned.

Hocus Pocus: Dark Sooty grey with silver pearl
The Makeup Girl, Lianne Farbes
• This is my favorite of the collection. The silver pearl comes across as very subtle silver shimmer, I'll be using this to line my eyes or for a smokey eye.

Parisian Skies: A muted grey-blue
Lipstick Powder N Paint, Ellen Mirza
• I thought this would look great with grey shadows and maybe a navy liner. Once applied the blue is much more subtle than it appears in the pot, I think this is a great stepping stone into wearing brighter shades.

Jealousy Wakes: Seething emerald green with teal and gold pearl
Temptalia, Christine Mielke
• The green is for those of us that are more adventuresome. I was chatting with my friend Michelle from All Lacquered Up recently about this collection, and she mentioned her suspicion that Christine has a notebook of makeup ideas for new shadows, lipsticks and other items. I bet she does, and I'm really curious what else she would have created.

The Bloggers' Obsessions Collection is available only on-line at MAC Cosmetics

1 comment

  1. If you want to see what else Christine would create, Google her April Fools joke from last year. She faked everyone out by making a Temptalia collection and Jealousy Wakes was one of the shadows she had in that collection.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please ask away, provide info on how you liked something, etc. Note that spam, comments with random links (which I count as spam), anything not in english (again, spam) and comments that are completely unrelated to anything will all be deleted.

Never miss a post
Name: 
Your email address:*
Please enter all required fields
Correct invalid entries
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...