Clairol Shine Happy


I tried Clairol's Shine Happy a few months ago when it first came out, and I can't say that I was too impressed with it.

The product is in the hair color section of just about any drugstore or target/walmart type store. Although it is meant to be clear and only provide shine, it does contain hydrogen peroxide and there have been a lot of reports on Makeup Alley that people have had problems with it changing their hair color. I wish I had known about that before I risked the golden highlights that I pay Shannon a LOT of money to put in my hair every 6-8 weeks. Having said that though, this product did not damage my highlights.

The product is applied wearing gloves, while freaking out about getting it on fabrics, and from a little squirt bottle. I applied it in the shower I was so worried after reading the warnings. I waited the 10 minutes (standing there in the cold shower without any water) it says in the directions and washed it out.

I was all excited once I dried my hair to see how lustrous and shiny my hair was going to be. Ummm. . . . nothing happened. Not a thing. My hair was not any shinier than it was before, the texture was the same, nothing was different. I kind of felt cheated of the time I had spent tracking the product down (it was sold out at 3 stores in my area), and then standing, shivering, in the shower while it worked.

No comments

I love comments! Please ask away, provide info on how you liked something, etc. Note that spam, comments with random links (which I count as spam), anything not in english (again, spam) and comments that are completely unrelated to anything will all be deleted.

Never miss a post
Name: 
Your email address:*
Please enter all required fields
Correct invalid entries
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...