My Current Product Favorites

I've had a lot of questions lately from readers regarding my favorite products. I was already thinking about updating my Everyday Favorites, but my cousin Ellery from Mom's Life Made Easy was the one whose email finally pushed me to do it. Anyways....

I've added a little button in the right column that will link to the latest Everyday Favorites post and I'm going to finally make an effort to update this list every few months. I feel compelled to create graphics for things. This one is a bit boring... Hmm....

Here are the products I've been reaching for in between product testings! If a product category isn't mentioned, that means I might not have a strong preference for one item over another. I've linked to my review or the product on-line whenever possible. Note that some of these products I may have received as a sample at some point, but these are things I've purchased myself when I've run out.



In the Shower
ABBA Pure Moisture Shampoo and Conditioner: Hydrating, makes my hair clean without weighing it down, and I like that the scent is unobtrusive.
Gillette Venus Embrace: Overall this razor definitely gives me the smoothest shave. Plus, I can restock at Sam's Club.
Skintimate Shave Gel: See Venus Embrace.
Cetaphil Cream: I try other lotions and creams, but the truth is that this cream (applied immediately after patting dry, before I even leave the shower) is the best one for keeping my skin hydrated and the ezcema under control.
Olay Ultra Moisture Body Wash: Again, my ezcema stays under control when I'm well hydrated (otherwise I turn into an itchy, red rashy person). So, I'm a fan of creamy and super hydrating body washes. Olay has had a few iterations of this body wash, but their Ultra Moisture is the current one.



Makeup
Milk of Magnesia: Combats the shininess
Cover Girl LashBlast Fusion
MAC Studio Careblend Pressed Powder: I'm a pressed powder girl simply for ease of application (and lack of mess), and I'm in serious love with this new MAC powder. It is formulated to provide a smoother finish, and it definitely is a step up from my previous favorite.
Buxom Insider Liner: I'm not one of those bloggers that can post an absolutely amazing, perfect eye look every day using 10 different colors and 3 liners. I'm above average in terms of my makeup application, but I'm not a pro. One of the things I've yet to perfect is liner underneath my eye, primarily because it is a look I only recently decided to try out. This is the only one I've been able to apply smoothly in a quick application, plus it lasts much longer.
Make Up For Ever HD Primer: I've tried a lot of primers, and I've really been the biggest fan of this one from MUFE. It isn't silicone based, can be applied by just smearing it everywhere, and it "sets" very quickly. Love!
Make Up For Ever HD Foundation: Flawless finish, easy to blend and the best match to my skin.
Urban Decay Potion Primer: While I recently admitted that I can't tell the difference in wear time between 3 different eye shadow primers, I still compare everything to UDPP. In my mind this is the "gold standard."
Fresh Sugar Plum: I love this balm for it's universally flattering color. One swipe and I'm done! Rumor is that a more neutral color is coming out this summer, I'll definitely be buying it!



Skin Care
Kiehls Ultra Facial Moisturizer, SPF 15: No surprise here since I talk about this product all the time! I'm in serious love.
Completely Bare Buffing Beads: If you want a scrub, I love this little bottle. Add to your favorite cleanser and Voila! The perfect scrub.
Sensai Gentle Makeup Remover for Eyes and Lips: 1 swipe and even the toughest waterproof makeup is gone!
Clarisonic: I admit that I don't use this every day like I should, but I do break it out at least a few days a week.
Kate Somerville's Exfolikate: I'm still in the process of reviewing this product (I'll be writing it up soon, I'll update the link once I do), but I'm already plotting when to buy more. Lots more. 30 seconds with this green goo and my skin just glows. Love that!
Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask: This stuff is only $3 and is the best clay mask ever. I swear it pulls all sorts of stuff out of pores! Use it after a shower when things have "softened up" a bit from the steam.



Conair Infinite Pro Blow Dryer: This dryer definitely sped up my morning routine
ghd 1" Flat Iron: Mine doesn't allow you to change the temp, though let's be honest and admit that we all use our flat irons on the highest setting. Is it good for our hair? No. But we all do it to speed things up. This one does heat up almost immediately and I swear my hair looks perfect in much less time than with other irons. I don't know how or why, but it really feels true.
Oscar Blandi Pronto Gloss: I can't stop using this cream! I have been grabbing it almost every day, it is definitely my favorite smoothing product.
Moroccan Hair Oil: I don't use this every day, but just about.
Avon Lotus Shield: When humidity hits, this is the easiest way to combat the frizz.



14 comments

  1. Great post!!! I am making note of all of your Christine-approved faves! With our skin being very similar (dryness and skintone) I am always going to be eager to read your updated Favorites! Great idea to link them with your cute graphic (which I like, basic, but it stands out! Like a seal-of-approval!). :) Question: I am a HUGE fan of MAC's Studio Fix, my HG foundation (I like powders for the same reason as you)...now, is this Studio Careblend new? I am assuming you like it better than the Studio Fix...I will have to check this out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pammy!
    I still need to reply to your email from the other day... Hopefully later tonight! :D
    This one is brand new, it just came out a few weeks ago, but it's just powder so less coverage than the Studio Fix. Check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post, great products! I'm going to give your hair dryer a shot. Mine broke last week, and I've been on the verge of buying one of the fancy-schmancy expensive ones. This looks perfect though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love cetaphil cleanser and venus razor is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that was a fun post! It is nice to get a quick update of what you use and what works. And yes, I do use my flat iron on the highest setting and my hair has paid the price. I need to get out and try Makeup Forever. I feel so "behind".

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been wanting to buy the Mint Julep Mask. This convinced me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with almost all of your picks! My personal faves are the HD Primer and Foundation from makeup forever! I have tried others, but for me, these are the very best!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Milk of Magnesia ...how do you use that?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the info on MUFE HD primer. I've been looking for one low in silicones (they seem to make my skin peel) and will give this one a try. I've even got a sample kicking around I've been afraid to use!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What's your go to for eye cream? I'm in your same profession, and would be willing to splurge for an eye cream for what I lack in sleep ;) And your current or all-time have for serums? Didn't see anything mentioned above. Debating whether to start a serum with peptides and anti-oxidants or change my moisturizer to Olay Regenerist.
    I have been meaning to tell you that your blog is now (and has been for the past 2 years or so) MY go to for beauty advice! I sometimes toy with the idea of starting a beauty blog myself, but really, it would just emulate yours! Thanks for the time you put into this and maintaining this wonderful, resourceful site.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks so much Candice! I spend WAY too much time on my blog, but I really love hearing how much people like my babbling. :D

    I don't really have much go-to skin care. I have a lot of products that I like, but really the only things that I go back to over and over lately are the Kiehl's Ultra Moisture SPF 15 for my morning lotion and I really love their Midnight Recovery as well. I don't use it every night, only on the occasion that I feel dry and need more moisture. It's a one night use and then back to whatever I'm testing.

    So.... hmmm.... Personally I'd try to add peptides and anti-oxidants at the same time. Neither will have an immediate effect obviously, there really more long term prevention so might as well start both now. I recommend the Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Cream a lot. It's hydrating for night without being too much, it has both anti-oxidants and peptides, and the cream has more of the peptide complex than the serum does (which is unusual because it is usual the serum with the most stuff in it). I also love that it doesn't cost $100!

    Since you mention wanting to look more awake, I'd go more for the tightening effects of an eye product in the day, you could add another regenerist eye for night. Head to your local Walmart (I know!) and in the Hard Candy section of the makeup area there's a new eye gel call Eye'm Tired. I'm trialling it now, and it really does help a lot with the circles and bags pretty immediately. Really great for nights that i've been up with my daughter or getting lots of calls!

    Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi
    Just checking your favorites session, wondering if you are going to update soon? I've been trying to find the perfect beauty time gift , do you have any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm planning to update in the next week or so. :D I'll be starting my holiday beauty gift series next week as well, but in the meantime check out the gifts at ULTA or Sephora, there are a lot of great ones out this year!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please ask away, provide info on how you liked something, etc. Note that spam, comments with random links (which I count as spam), anything not in english (again, spam) and comments that are completely unrelated to anything will all be deleted.

Never miss a post
Name: 
Your email address:*
Please enter all required fields
Correct invalid entries
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...